Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Here's to a brighter and better 2013!!


Well HELLO Blogosphere! Long time no see! Have you missed me? Probably not, but that’s ok, I’ve missed you!

So, after what basically was a two month break from doing anything but the bare necessities of my life to get me through what’s left of what has been a very tough year, I’m feeling optimistic about 2013! (Did you like that giant run-on sentence?) For those who don’t know me well or in person, a little insight: 2012 has been a major suck-fest for my husband and I. We’ve had more heart-break, loss, and accidents just this year than most people our age have had in their lives so far, and frankly it’s been hard on my soul. So where’s my optimism coming from? I’ve always liked the idea of second chances and clean slates, and for most people, the New Year is a fresh start to try again. The idea that 2013 is going to better has been something I’ve longed for just a few months in to 2012, but as things got worse the idea that 2013 would even come, let alone be better, was slipping away. Then August happened; the first month since December of 2011 that we didn’t find ourselves coping with bad news. That was also the month the new school year started for the hubs, a teacher. Having a good month and that new start seemed to renew my hope for a better future. I mean; if starting a new school year can trigger the light shining through, think of what starting a whole new year can do! While, we still have a ways to go in the easing of the heart aches we’ve endured, the knowledge that we’ve finally made it to the end of 2012 and, knock on wood, have continued to progress out of the darkness that seemed to consume us, has found my faith renewed in the belief that we will make it and we will continue to have brighter and happier days ahead of us.

So, with a bright future ahead in 2013, what are my resolutions? Well number one on my list is to blog more! I’m going to start with a minor facelift, to refresh my look, and fix the typo that apparently has been in my title since I started in September. HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME!!!! I was mortified when I noticed that this morning. I’ll also be working on my great big list of 30 things. What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment