Friday, September 21, 2012

Medusa Face & H54F!

Wow! The week kind of got away from me! I started a Photoshop class Monday. I’m taking it at Bellarmine, as part of their continuing education program, for my job, but I’m super excited to use my new skills for great personal photos as well.

Sadly, Tuesday, I realized that I don’t think any of the other students in my ACC 201 class like me. The problem is, most of them are significantly younger than I am, and they figured out that I’m the one who the only 100% in the class on the first test, so I think they think of me as the know-it-all. I’ve also discovered that I think I may suffer from a case of “Medusa Face.” For those who don’t know what that is, it’s something that occurs on a lot of people, my husband included, in which their normal, staring into nowhere expression, looks like they’re angry, even though they may be thinking about nothing at all and in a perfectly fine mood. I never thought I had such a face, but as I’ve gotten older and lost my sweet little girl appearance that I’ve had most of my life so far, I think I might be gaining such a look. Since the class is mostly lecture based, there’s no reason for me to have any sort of expression on my face, thus, when my fellow students look at me they think I’m pissed and don’t want to talk to me. The hubs says I’m never going to see them again, since it’s just a community college, pre-req class, before I transfer to the university to complete my CPA program, so I shouldn’t care what they think, but the truth is, I’ve never had any kind of social awkwardness before in my life, and suddenly I’m in a situation where I don’t know how or what people think of me and I don’t know how to react. I know it’s silly, but it’s a strange feeling for me to feel socially awkward. Of course, my hubby, who is fairly socially awkward at all-times, don’t tell him I said that, claims that the more socially awkward a person is the more genius they posesJ! So, maybe the fact that I’m grasping the accounting concepts so easily is a sign of my growing accounting genius, and therefore more social awkwardness is ahead. Hmmm, don’t know how I feel about that. Anyway, it was a fairly uneventful week after classes were done, and I spent way too much time on Pinterest. However, it wasn’t a total waste, as I started cleaning up my “likes” a lot! You see, I hate the way the Pinterest app is on my phone and I-pad, so I usually just “like” something instead of re-pinning it, with the intention of re-pinning it when I’m on a real computer; however, I’ve not been good about re-pinning those likes, so I currently have more likes than pins, with a lot of duplicate likes. So, I’ve been re-pinning my likes, and then I’ll work on cleaning up my boards, getting rid of repeat and bad/bogus pins. If you want to follow me, I’d love to have you!

And now…H54F!

  1.  I made a Mercy Jaguars wreath for my MIL’s office door! (She works in the development office at Mercy) **Super easy to do tutorial coming ASAP**
  2. Tonight is Kat and Josh’s wedding! (The cute little card I got for them)
  3. I started doing Fat Mum Slim’s September photo-a-day challenge! (It’s been so much fun, and I highly recommend it)
  4.  I booked our flights to Denver for Thanksgiving!
  5. I got a fun new necklace at Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment