Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Perfect Night Out Followed By A Perfect Night In


What an enjoyable weekend with the hubs! It started on Fri when he surprised me at the work at the end of the day to pick me up for a date. He preceded to take me to The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner, which is not to die for food but pretty tasty and a fun atmosphere, plus it’s right around the corner from The Actors Theater of Louisville, where we went next to see Dracula! Every year Actors does Dracula, A Christmas Story, and A Christmas Carol for its holiday plays. Blake grew up going to these shows and I had heard so many great things about them, but we were never able to figure out a time to see them when we were in town visiting. Then we moved here and I was determined to go. We crossed A Christmas Carol off the list the first year, but things get busy during the holidays when you have to travel for family so we haven’t had the chance to see any of the others. This year I was determined to see Dracula, and was starting to get nervous that we weren't going to be able to when I realized it was already mid October. Blake saved the day though by going to get tickets on his day off from school and what a happy surprise it was to get to see it. If you ever find yourself in Louisville in October, make sure to carve out a slot of time to see this show, because it’s amazing! It’s in an intimate small theater in the round setting, so you’d never think they’d be able to pull off such great special effects, but there you are, finding yourself asking, where did he just come from!?!? It was a perfect date night!




Saturday was suppose to be an errand running day for me and then we were going to go to see a friend’s band play at one of the local bars…But it turned out to be another great Blake and Natalie alone time day, and it so enjoyable. Blake woke up early to work on his paper for one of hid grad classes. I lounged around like a bum for a little bit after I woke up, then got ready, and went to the kitchen to make some crock-pot chili for dinner. Mean while Blake finished his paper and went up to get ready so that by the time I was heading out the door to run errands he had decided he was going to join me. He went with me while I got my flu shot\and went to my monthly quilt block meeting. Then we had lunch at Panera, it was a cold day which meant I wanted some soup in a bread bowl, yum! Then it was off to Hobby Lobby to get some crafting and Halloween items, and his mom’s house to let her dog out, since she was gone all day in Indiana with a friend. We stayed over there for a bit watching a DVR'd episode of Dr. Who, always fun! On the way home from his mom’s I started to feel achy and get a bit of a headache, so he proposed that maybe we should skip the concert and stay in. I pondered on that, and then he told me we could watch Downton Abbey…SOLD! I’m addicted to that show, and hate waiting till it airs in the US, but now they stream them online after they've aired in England, which means we were able to watch the first 5 episode of season 3!!! So we got home, started a fire in our wood burning stove, I served us up some delicious, warm chili while he hooked the laptop up to the big screen TV, no scrunching around a small computer screen for Downton Abbey, and we snuggled up on the couch to watch all 5 episodes available. It was heavenly. Not a rip roaring Saturday night, but, for us, it was perfect! 


No comments:

Post a Comment